At Greg Smith Equipment, we respect and protect the privacy of our customers and those who use our website. The following Privacy Statement provides details about how your personal information is collected and used. No matter where you are, where you live, or what your citizenship is, we provide a high standard of privacy protection to all our users around the world, regardless of their country of origin or location. This privacy statement applies to the network of Greg Smith Equipment websites, and products that are located in, but not limited to the www.gregsmithequipment.com and multiple forwarded domains. If you do not agree to the terms, do not access, browse or otherwise use this Site. Please read on for more details.
Last Updated: Jan 14th, 2020
Information Collection and Use
"User Personal Information" is any information about one of our Users which could, alone or together with other information, personally identify them or otherwise be reasonably linked or connected with them. Information such as a username and password, an email address, a real name, an Internet protocol (IP) address, and a photograph are examples of “User Personal Information.”
User Personal Information does not include aggregated, non-personally identifying information that does not identify a User or cannot otherwise be reasonably linked or connected with them. We may use such aggregated, non-personally identifying information for research purposes and to operate, analyze, improve, and optimize our Website and ensure your shopping experience is excellent.
Greg Smith Equipment is the sole owner of information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Greg Smith Equipment collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
Our website offers several opportunities for visitors to register for promotional and informational mailings. These registration forms are often linked to Greg Smith Equipment’s mailing lists and require users to give contact information (such as name and email address). We use this contact information to send users information about our company and its products if requested or necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time (see the choice/opt-out section below).
If you create an account with us, or make a purchase on our website, we collect your full name, address, and credit card information or PayPal information. Please note, Greg Smith Equipment does not process or store your credit card information or PayPal information, but our third-party payment processor does.
You may choose to give us more information for your Account profile, such as your full name, your location, your company, and credit card information. This information may include User Personal Information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies Information
As further described below, and subject, where applicable, to your consent, we automatically collect information from cookies and similar technologies (such as cookie ID and settings) to keep you logged in, to remember your preferences, and to identify you and your device.
We may collect certain information about your device, such as its IP address, browser or client application information, language preference, operating system and application version, device type and ID, and device model and manufacturer. This information may include User Personal information.
Information we collect from third parties
Greg Smith Equipment may collect User Personal Information from third parties. For example, this may happen if you sign up for training, financing, or to receive information about Greg Smith Equipment from one of our vendors, partners, or affiliates. Greg Smith Equipment does not purchase User Personal Information from third-party data brokers.
We also collect personal information from other sources:
- Information received as part of routine card verification (fraud) checks.
- Joint marketing partners, when they share information with us.
- Publicly available data bases.
Use of Web Technologies
We may access and set cookies using web beacons, also known as single-pixel GIFs which are invisible graphical images. These web beacons provide us useful information regarding our site such as which pages users access. When we send you emails, we may include a single-pixel GIF to allow us to determine the number of people who open our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we record this individual response to allow us to customize our offerings to you.
We also keep track of activity on our website via log files stored on our web servers. We collect information such as IP address, browser type and version, and pages you view. We also keep track of how you got to our site and any links you click on to leave our site. Once you leave our site, we do not track you. We use your website activity to assist us in offering you a personalized Web experience, assist you with technical support, diagnose problems with our server, administer our websites, and to tailor our product and offerings to you.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Techbuyer Ltd's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Techbuyer Ltd about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Sharing Personal Information
Greg Smith Equipment may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Data aggregators.
We will never share, sell, or rent your personal information with third parties for their promotional use. Occasionally, we enter into contracts with third parties so that they can assist us in servicing you (for example, providing customer service). The contracts prohibit them from using any of your personal information for their own purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them. We may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required under the law. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to comply with a legal process such as court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
[Category A: Identifiers.]
[Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.]
[Category D: Commercial information.]
[Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.]
[Category G: Geolocation data.]
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Data aggregators
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not sold personal information
What information Greg Smith Equipment does not collect
We do not intentionally collect “Sensitive Personal Information”, such as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. If you choose to store any Sensitive Personal Information on our servers, you are responsible for complying with any regulatory controls regarding that data.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Greg Smith Equipment is in compliance with the requirements of GDPR 2018. We will not intentionally collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website and services are directed at people who are at least 13 years old or older.
If you are a child under the age of 13, you may not have an Account on the Greg Smith Equipment website. Greg Smith Equipment does not knowingly collect information from or direct any of our content specifically to children under 13. If we learn or have reason to suspect that you are a User who is under the age of 13, we will have to close your Account. Different countries may have different minimum age limits, and if you are below the minimum age for providing consent for data collection in your country, you may not have an Account on the Greg Smith Equipment website.
Greg Smith Equipment may include links to sites on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties. By linking to such third-party sites, you shall review and agree to that site's rules of use before using such site. You also agree that Greg Smith Equipment has no control over the content of that site and makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of third party sites accessible from this Site or third party sites linking to this Site. Greg Smith Equipment is not in control of the third party linked sites and is not responsible for the content of any third-party linked site or any link contained in a third party linked site. In addition, a link to a third party site does not imply that Greg Smith Equipment endorses the site or the products or services referenced in such third party site.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Greg Smith Equipment disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Greg Smith Equipment provides users the opportunity to opt-in, opt-out or change preferences via a link in the footer of most email messages. These options are made available when you sign-up for our email lists and in email messages delivered from our company. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deletion Request Rights
You may without undue delay request the erasure of personal data concerning you, and Greg Smith Equipment shall erase the personal data without undue delay when one of the following applies:
- if the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- if you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- if the personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- if the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in EU or national law.
You can also remove your account data yourself on Account Page. If you have any data associated with your account, it will not be removed automatically when deleting Account data by you.
You have the right to request that Greg Smith Equipment delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (855) 240-6635.
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take every precaution to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information by using industry-recognized security safeguards such as firewalls, coupled with carefully developed security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration.
Greg Smith Equipment takes care to reinforce the importance of our website visitors’ security and privacy among our employees. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information and, using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, we restrict access to personal information to those employees and agents for business purposes only. Additionally, we use internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security procedures.
Notification of Changes
The contents of the Site are Copyright © Greg Smith Equipment Sales. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. All images and material are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Greg Smith Equipment. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other article from copies of the content. Permission is granted to browse, copy, download and display materials on this site for personal, informational, and non-commercial use only. Individual documents on our Site may be subject to additional terms indicated in those documents. Any request for a commercial use of Greg Smith Equipment copyright material is subject to approval and should be sent to: email@example.com
All page headers, custom graphics, banners, button icons, are service marks, trademarks, and or trade dress owned by Greg Smith Equipment and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Greg Smith Equipment. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned on this Site are the property of their respective owners, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of such respective owners.
THE CONTENTS OF THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’ BASIS. THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, CONTENT, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THE SITE. GREG SMITH EQUIPMENT DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR-FREE. GREG SMITH EQUIPMENT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISPRINTS, TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS RELATING TO PRICING, SPECIFICATIONS, FEATURES, TEXT OR PHOTOGRAPHY. DESCRIPTIVE, TYPOGRAPHICAL OR PHOTOGRAPHICAL ERRORS ARE SUBJECT TO CORRECTION.
Each State, municipality, or local building zoning agency may have its own unique set of construction requirements, seismic requirements, and other electrical/installation requirements that relate to automotive service equipment. Issuance of a local building/occupancy permit may require approval from some branch of government jurisdiction. Please contact your local building department for a complete list of applicable fees or requirements related to installing and/or operating any of our products (including lifts, tire changers, wheel balancers, etc.)
Limitation of Liability
GREG SMITH EQUIPMENT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH FAILURE TO OBTAIN PROPER PERMITTING/PERMISSION FOR INSTALLATION AND OPERATION.