Make Your SLP Series Lift A Flush Mount

Thanks to Mr. Koch for absolutely the best (most dumbed down) customer supplied instruction manual we have ever received. The “in ground” installation manual (below) could be used for either our Atlas® SLP-7K or Atlas® SLP-9K scissor lifts. We would like to take credit for all the hard work that went into this manual… but it came to us as a completely unsolicited testimonial. We did send the customer a couple of free T-shirts for his efforts and his pictures are posted on our testimonial page, but we know that we got the better end of the bargain. Happy Lifting!





Pits – I made the main pit in the floor 78” wide X 66” long X 4 11/16 deep, and the secondary pit, which I will refer to as the "pocket" from here on, is 6 X 28 X 4 11/16. The six inch pocket is just small enough to be covered by the hose cover, but is too large to allow the cover to be screwed down. The 78” width is a couple of inches too small. The info stated a max between the platforms of 31”, but I failed to add in the amount of the sensor wire cover. The 800 mm (31.5”) dimension shown in the manual is not correct, as it should be to the inside of the sensor wire cover. The 66” length is OK, but a few more inches would be better. I made the depth 4 11/16 because the manual states that the lift platforms are 115 mm (4.53”) high. The actual height of the platforms is 106.3 mm (4 3/16”). I had to add ½” spaces (8X) under the rubber bumpers, between the top and bottom platforms. Picture shows some pieces of ½” plywood, double-sided taped to bottom platform. I have ordered some ½” aluminum bar stock to make the permanent spacers.



Conduit – I used 1 ½” (3X) and 2” (1X) conduits. I should have made all four of 1 ½” conduit. Spacing would be different, depending on if you connect to the left or right platform. Note that you can use two male-swivel female elbows to offset a hose about 2”. Pictures are included showing the hose spacing of each platform. You can see in one of the pictures where I used elbows for the 2” offset.



Anchors – I wanted to be able to change the distance between the platforms. I can move one of them by 11 ½” or 23”. To accomplish this, I used the supplied anchors on the stationary platform only. For the other platform, I used 5/8-11 double expansion anchors (8X) with 5/8-11 X 3” bolts. I also added 5/8-11 X 8 ½” anchors in the four corners. This allow me to pull the platform across the floor. The picture shows a ratchet hold down strap being used. It doesn’t work well, as the ratchet does not have enough leverage. I will have to purchase a come-along for moving the platform.



Connections – Hydraulic fittings are ¼” BSPP (British Standard Pipe, Parallel). I used all the supplied elbows and T’s with the lift. Of the six hoses supplied with the lift, I used the two hoses between the platforms, as is. Three of the four hoses that that go to the pump, I had shortened. The longest supplied hose, I had cut into three pieces, and discarded the center. I’ve included a picture of the supplied parts that were left over. I purchased 4 male/swivel female ¼” BSPP elbows, 5 male crimp-on ¼” BSPP connectors, 8 female crimp-on ¼” BSPP connectors, and four lengths of ¼” hydraulic hose (each, a few inches longer than the length of conduit). My local NAPA cut the hoes to length and crimped on the connectors.



You’ll need 2 lengths of three lead wire for the sensors. Since the wires are potted into the sensors, and attached to the underside of the circuit boards, I decided to cut the wires and splice in the center piece. I used crimp on male/female wire connects in the small pocket in case I needed to remove the control unit for servicing.



You will also need a length of 5mm ID 8mm OD tubing for the air line. I also used two 8mm X 8mm push on elbows, as well as an 8mm X 3/8” NPT to attach to the filter/regulator/lubricator. I got the air hose and connectors from Amazon.



Floor inserts – I used about 6 pressure treaded 2 X 4’, and two sheets of ¾” thick plywood. I first screwed the frame together (5 separate pieces), with notches for the hydraulics and to fit the bottom platforms, while clearing the top platforms. First layer of plywood pieces were made so that the width fit tight between them, with a small gap provided to clear the platforms. I screwed these to the frames, while in place. The top pieces of plywood where screwed from the under-side, and then routed to match the first layer.



Use – I’m pretty happy with it, it should also allow me to easily use wheel stands and wheel dollies. I placed the pit central in my 27’ deep garage, which works out perfect for my full size pick-up truck. It lifted my 6000 pick-up, easily.



I would suggest that after having the vehicle on one of the lock positions, that you “bump” the up button a couple of time. This allows the pressure to equalize between the cylinders. If you just push and hold the up button, the platform directly connected to the pump will raise a little before the other platform starts to move."